- GEF-UNIDO team discusses progress of projects in Vijayawada
- Rajamahendravaram: Tributes paid to Jyotirao on his death anniversary
- Will make Telangana great: Hat-trick seeking KCR turns philosophical
- BJP, BRS became rich parties by looting public money: Priyanka
- Rahul fires salvo at Asad for conniving with saffron party
- Bhimavaram: QualiZeal signs MoU with Sri Vishnu institutions
- Hyderabad: Police issues prohibitory orders, Sec 144 imposed
- Rahul’s outreach to gig, civic workers, automen
- CM YS Jagan lays foundation stone for AVERA electric vehicle unit
- Hockey Punjab lifts 13th Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2023 trophy
Kung Fu Panda rakes in INR 10 cr at Indian Box office
Popular computer-animated action comedy martial arts film “Kung Fu Panda 3” has received an overwhelming response in India in its opening weekend. The film has collected over Rs.10 crore in three days -- said to be the highest opener for an animated film in India.
Mumbai: Popular computer-animated action comedy martial arts film “Kung Fu Panda 3” has received an overwhelming response in India in its opening weekend. The film has collected over Rs.10 crore in three days -- said to be the highest opener for an animated film in India.
Co-directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson and Alessandro Carloni, the third installment in the popular “Kung Fu Panda” franchise features voices of Hollywood stars like Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Jackie Chan, among others.
The film, which released on April 1 in India, collected Rs.2.1 crore on its opening day followed by Rs.3.4 crore on Saturday and Rs.4.6 crore on Sunday -- totalling Rs.10.1 crore, read a statement.
“When we saw the film, we knew this film will resonate well with not only children but also with the adult audiences. We are thrilled that 'Kung Fu Panda 3' has recorded the biggest weekend ever for any animated film in India,” said Vijay Singh, CEO of Fox Star Studios.
“We are certain that the positive buzz around the film will hold consistent in the week to come. We are delighted that the film's success will add one more to our back-to-back blockbusters,” Singh added.