Property worth Rs 5.9 crore gutted in 4 fire mishaps
Hyderabad: Property worth Rs 5.9 crore was gutted in four separate fire incidents that took place in the city...
Hyderabad: Property worth Rs 5.9 crore was gutted in four separate fire incidents that took place in the city and its outskirts in the last 48 hours. Reportedly, a housewife along with her two children had a narrow escape from fire that struck a hutment at Hydershahkote in Rajendranagar mandal on Monday afternoon. According to eye-witnesses, Lakshmamma, who was sleeping with her two children, was woken up by the cries of the neighbours and ran away from the fire. Nearly 40 huts with household items of the poor residents like utensils, clothes, cash and others worth more than Rs 2 lakh were gutted. The Narsingi police registered the case. In another incident, fire engulfed a three-storeyed godown of refrigerators, coolers and TV sets at Musheerabad on Sunday night. Property worth Rs 5 crore was lost to the massive fire that is supposed to have been caused due to a short circuit. Fire fighters had to struggle for hours to put out the blaze, which continued till the morning. The building, which developed cracks following the mishap, was demolished later. In two other fire mishaps, two fruit shops near Bowenpally market and furniture worth Rs one lakh of a first floor apparment in Venkata Sai Homes near Nizampet were gutted in fire. Short circuits are suspected to be reason behind both the fire mishaps that were reported on Monday.
24 Oct 2019 1:14 AM GMT