- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Ivan Duque sworn in as new Colombian president
Colombias conservative Ivan Duque Marquez on Tuesday took oath as the countrys 60th president, succeeding Juan Manuel Santos, who had been in power since 2010
Columbia [South America] : Colombia's conservative Ivan Duque Marquez on Tuesday took oath as the country's 60th president, succeeding Juan Manuel Santos, who had been in power since 2010.
Duque defeated Petro, in a presidential run-off in June with 54 percent votes. He was sworn in during an open-air session at Bolivar Square in the historic center of Bogota.
Over 12,000 police were deployed at Bolivar Square for Duque's swearing-in ceremony, according to local reports, as per Aljazeera.
The mayor of the US city of Miami, Francis Suarez, and the leader of Spain's Popular Party, Pablo Casado, attended the event.
Duque who formerly served as a senator was the presidential candidate for the Democratic Centre Party for the election in 2018.
Apart from politics, he has penned down many books as well. Duque is married to María Juliana Ruiz, with whom he has three children namely Luciana, Matías, and Eloísa.