- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
Trump hosts Indra Nooyi, Ajay Banga among top corporate leaders for dinner
PepsiCos outgoing CEO Indra Nooyi and MasterCards chief executive Ajay Banga were among a small group of top corporate leaders hosted by US President Donald Trump for a dinner at his private golf club in New Jersey to hear their perspective on the state of the countrys economy
PepsiCo's outgoing CEO Indra Nooyi and MasterCard's chief executive Ajay Banga were among a small group of top corporate leaders hosted by US President Donald Trump for a dinner at his private golf club in New Jersey to hear their perspective on the state of the country's economy.
The White House had said in a statement that the dinner is an "opportunity for the President to hear how the economy is doing from their perspective and what their priorities and thoughts are for the year ahead." Nooyi and Banga were accompanied by their spouses Raj Nooyi and Ritu Banga, according to an updated list of attendees provided by the White House. Among the 15 prominent business leaders attending the dinner hosted by Trump yesterday were Fiat Chrysler CEO Michael Manley, FedEx president and CEO Fredrick Smith and Boeing's chief executive officer Dennis Muilenburg. Trump's wife Melania Trump, daughter Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner also attended the dinner.
According to a White House pool report, Trump referred to Nooyi as one of the "most powerful" women in the world. Addressing the power dinner, Trump said he is meeting with some of the top business leaders in the world. "You talk about business, this is the group. And we're so honoured to have you. And we're gonna be discussing later on some of the ideas you may have to, as the expression goes, make America great again."
He added that the group had been "big beneficiaries" of his policies and "you've helped in many cases." The pool report added that after touting GDP and jobs number, Trump predicted economic growth next quarter "could be in the fives". "I think we're gonna be very shortly in the fives," he said, and stated that the GDP "can go much higher once we get new trade deals."