- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Nawaz Sharif's wife passes away
Former threetime Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharifs wife, Kulsoom Nawaz, breathed her last at a London hospital on Tuesday She was 68 years old
London: Former three-time Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif's wife, Kulsoom Nawaz, breathed her last at a London hospital on Tuesday. She was 68 years old.
Geo News reported that the health of Kulsoom, who was admitted at London's Harley Street Clinic for cancer treatment in June, deteriorated last night. She was placed on life support earlier in the day.
Sources added that she had also developed a lung-related problem.
In August 2017, it was confirmed that Kulsoom was suffering from lymphoma (throat) cancer and was shifted to London for further treatment. On June 15, she was placed on a ventilator following a cardiac arrest.
She served as Pakistan's first lady for three non-consecutive terms from 1990-1993, 1997-1999 and 2013-2017, The Dawn reported.
Kulsoom is survived by her husband and four children - Maryam, Hassan, Hussain and Asma. Her husband and daughter are presently serving jail terms after being convicted for corruption.