- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
- London Indian Film Festival 2023 expands to more UK cities
- Anil Agarwal shakes up biz; to demerge five businesses of Vedanta, restructure zinc unit
- Aman Raj cards 63 to storm into third-round lead
- Age of consent: Law panel recommends amendment to POCSO Act
- Govt's gross debt rises 2.2 pc q-o-q to Rs 159.53 lakh cr in Q1
Depressed over failing an exam, UoH student jumps to death in Hyderabad
A firstyear postgraduate student of the University of Hyderabad allegedly committed suicide by jumping to death from the terrace of an apartment complex at Nallagandla near the University campus on Thursday
A first-year post-graduate student of the University of Hyderabad allegedly committed suicide by jumping to death from the terrace of an apartment complex at Nallagandla near the University campus on Thursday.
As per the details, the student of MSc Biology, S Harshita was upset over the failure in a recently held examinations and took the extreme step minutes after sending a mobile message to her mother, Anuradha, sharing that she was unable to cope with the curriculum.
The victim was a resident of East Marredpally in Secunderabad.
The police revealed that the victim’s mother shared regarding Harshita suffering from depression and was under medication.
The victim gave false information to the security of the Hima Sai Lake View apartment at Nallagandla and entered the building. She then directly went to the terrace and jumped from the building.
The police found no suicide note at the spot and the body was shifted to Gandhi Hospital for postmortem.