- 'No papers shared, no blame to share’, Delhi L-G slams Kejriwal over water scheme
- Zaheer Khan was someone I used to watch a lot to try and learn from, says James Anderson
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- MWC 2024: MediaTek Unveils Groundbreaking AI Capabilities
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg meets key Samsung, LG officials
- Varun Tej feels ‘Operation Valentine,’ a tale of passion, patriotism, and new horizons
- Development projects worth thousands of crores sanctioned for TN in last 10 years: PM Modi
- Hindu petition seeks to restrict entry on terrace of Gyanvapi cellar
- Fall of 'poster boys' adds to startup woes, good governance need of the hour: Industry
- GITAM celebrates National Science Day
EC announces By-elections schedule for MP and MLA seats
Election Commission announced By-elections for the Lok Sabha seats vacated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi , Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
Election Commission announced By-elections for the Lok Sabha seats vacated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi , Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao. The commission also announced by-elections to 33 assembly seats vacated due to various reasons in the states of Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh.
As per the schedule, the filing of nominations will commence from August 20 with the last date for nominations is August 27. The nomination papers will be scrutinized on August 28 while August 30 will be the last date of withdrawing from the electoral race. The counting is planned to be take place on September 16 and the entire exercise will be completed by September 19.