- Telangana Government attracting investments to create more jobs: KTR
- Khammam: Ponguleti to decide future course of action today
- KTR hands over 560 2BHK houses to beneficiaries
- Will the daughters get justice: Vinesh Phogat
- UTT National Ranking Table Tennis Championship 2023: Sarthak, Syndrela crowned U-15 champs
- Singapore Open: India's campaign ends with Srikanth's round of 16 loss
- 19-Year-Old Famous Esports Star Committed Suicide
- India's Jyothi wins silver, Amlan bags bronze
- Cyberabad: Inter state spurious seed racket busted
- ‘Thor’ actor applauds Ram Charan and Jr NTR
Shuttler Srikanth in Hong Kong Open quarters
Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth defeated his compatriot HS Prannoy in an all Indian mens singles clash to enter the quarterfinal of the Hong Kong open tournament here on Thursday
Kowloon (Hong Kong): Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth defeated his compatriot H.S Prannoy in an all-Indian men's singles clash to enter the quarter-final of the Hong Kong open tournament here on Thursday.
In a marathon match of an hour and seven minutes, the fourth seed Srikanth edged past Prannoy 18-21, 30-29, 21-18.
After losing the first game, Srikanth bounced back in the second game in a hard-fought battle. The third game saw another intense battle between the two but Srikanth proved much better towards the end and wrapped up the issue.
Other Indian Sameer Verma also advanced as he got a walkover from his fifth seed Chinese opponent Chen Long.
In mixed doubles category, Satwik Rankireddy and Ashwini Ponnappa crashed out of the meet losing to Lee Yang and Hsu of Chinese Taipei.
The Chinese Taipei duo defeated the Indian pair 21-17, 21-11 in just 37 minutes of play.
Later in the day, third seed P.V. Sindhu will face Sung Ji Hyun of South Korea in women's singles match.