- MyVoice: Views of our readers 3rd June 2023
- KCR changed face of TS farm sector in last 9 years: Niranjan Reddy
- Religious extremism a serious threat in Japan now
- World Bicycle Day-2023: Cycling groups raise pitch for public bicycle-sharing system
- Hyderabad: ECI begins preparations for Assembly elections
- Hyderabad: RPF rescues child trafficking victims
- Hyderabad: CSIR-CCMB study uncovers primate genetic secrets
- 50 die in Odisha rail collision
- Arrest Brij Bhushan by June 9: Farmers’ warning
- Telangana: A beacon of growth
Vijay Shankar to replace Hardik Pandya in Australia, Shubman Gill named for NZ tour
Tamil Nadu allrounder Vijay Shankar will replace suspended Hardik Pandya for Indias ongoing ODI series in Australia while rookie Punjab opener Shubman Gill will be joining the national team during the limited over series in New Zealand
New Delhi: Tamil Nadu all-rounder Vijay Shankar will replace suspended Hardik Pandya for India's ongoing ODI series in Australia while rookie Punjab opener Shubman Gill will be joining the national team during the limited over series in New Zealand.
"Initially, the selectors had picked Mayank Agarwal for KL Rahul and Vijay Shankar for Pandya but it has been learnt that Agarwal is nursing a niggle.
"That is why the team management has asked for only one replacement in Australia and that is Shankar. And Gill is being rewarded for his good show in Ranji Trophy and A-tours," a source close to the selection committee told PTI.
Pandya and Rahul have been suspended pending an inquiry into their sexist comments on a TV show, ruling them out of the three-match ODI series against Australia.
They have already return home from Australia as the BCCI suspended them Friday for their outrage-evoking comments on women, hours after the duo's on-field leader Virat Kohli expressed his disapproval.
The 27-year-old Shankar is a middle-order batsman from Tamil Nadu who can also bowl medium pace. He has played in five T20s.