- Is India ready to adopt the EV ecosystem?
- World Environment Day: Fashionable Choices to #BeatPlasticPollution
- Cancer Survivor's Day: How Can I become a cancer survivor
- Pawan Kalyan's 'OG' begins third schedule today
- Cancer Survivor's Day: Celebrating the Strength and Resilience of Cancer Survivors By Dr P Vijay Anand Reddy
- CM Ashok Gehlot to Launch Gas Cylinder Subsidy Yojana on Monday.
- Anasuya liplock goes viral in social media
- Union Railway Minister ordered CBI probe into Odisha Triple Train Accident
- Two dead after a TATA ACE vehicle collided with a bus at Kondareddy circle in Pileru
- Hit Gujarati horror thriller ‘Vash’ set for Hindi remake with Ajay Devgn
Kolkata cricketer dies on the field
Promising allrounder Aniket Sharma on Tuesday collapsed on a cricket field and died moments later owing to a possible cardiac arrest, hospital officials said
Promising all-rounder Aniket Sharma on Tuesday collapsed on a cricket field and died moments later owing to a possible cardiac arrest, hospital officials said.
Aniket, 21, from Paikpara Club, was brought dead to RG Kar Medical Hospital.
He is survived by his mother and father.
A southpaw, who could also bowl right-arm off spin, Aniket joined the club last year and according to his coach was a fine talent.
"He was a good cricketer. He was a brilliant team man and a good fielder too. We are shocked to say the least," his coach said.
"We were all there on the field, warming up. He wanted to play football for some time. But before that, while warming up he suddenly collapsed on the field and we rushed him to the hospital," a teammate said.
Aniket's club Paikpara were scheduled to take on Milan Samiti in a Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) First Division League match.
"We are trying to postpone the match which is scheduled for tomorrow. This is a very unfortunate incident and we are shocked," said CAB joint secretary, Avishek Dalmiya.
Former Bengal captain Sambaran Banerjee, who runs a club of his own, expressed shock at the incident too.
"I have no words to express how sad I am. This is too tragic."
According to hospital sources, his body will be taken for post mortem to diagnose the cause of his death.