How to block contacts on WhatsApp
How To Block Contacts On WhatsApp From Any Phone. WhatsApp has the option to block a number. Here’s the method for an Android, iPhone, Windows, Blackberry and Nokia phones!
WhatsApp, that popular green icon on everyone’s phones which revolutionized the world of texting. There’s a lot to love about WhatsApp, but that persistent stalker who sends you creepy messages or that friend who always has something to complain to you about don’t belong on the list.
But thankfully, WhatsApp has the option to block a number. Here’s the method for an Android, iPhone, Windows, Blackberry and Nokia phones!
- Launch Whatsapp and then click on the Menu symbol which is typically a 3-dot symbol on the top right-corner of the screen. For those who have the three capacitive buttons on their phones can access the Menu from there (usually left-most or right-most touch button).
- Under the Menu, go to Settings.
- From Settings, go to the Privacy option.
- Under Privacy, the last option is Blocked Contacts with a count of the number of contacts that have been blocked.
- Tap on Blocked Contacts and then add the WhatsApp contacts you want to block.
- Open the chat with the contact you wish to block by clicking on the contact’s name.
- Then click Menu, select the last option which says More.
- Then click Block which is the first option.
These contacts will not be able to see your Last Seen and Profile Photo. However, unless you have settings stating otherwise, they can still see your Status Updates.
To unblock a contact, just tap the contact, click Menu, and choose to Unblock.
WhatsApp for iPhone
- First launch WhatsApp and then tap Settings in it, located on the bottom right-most corner.
- In Settings, find an option which says Account just above Chat Settings.
- In Privacy, tap on Blocked and Add New contacts from WhatsApp address book.
Here a user can also unblock a contact, with just a swipe on it to the left and selec Unblock.
WhatsApp for Windows Phone
- Launch WhatsApp. Click the 3 dots symbol in the bottom-right corner which takes you to the Menu.
- Select Settings under Menu and tap on Blocked Contacts.
- Next, tap on the Plus (+) symbol sign to select WhatsApp contacts.
- Finally, tap on the Check Mark to save settings.
Users can also Unblock a contact here with a long press on blocked contact and then choosing Delete.
WhatsApp for Blackberry 10
- First, launch WhatsApp and then slide down from the top of the glass to reveal a gear wheel shaped Settings button.
- Tap on Settings and find the Privacy Settings option.
- Under Privacy Settings, the last option is Blocked Contacts with a count of the number of contacts that have been blocked.
- Tap on Blocked Contacts and add the WhatsApp contacts you wish to block by clicking on the Block Contacts button at the bottom of the screen.
These users will not be able to see your Profile Photo or Last Seen.
You can use the same method to unblock contacts, by tapping on the contact and then tapping on Unblock – Contact Name/Number
WhatsApp for Blackberry 7
- First, launch WhatsApp and go to Settings which is a gear wheel symbol at the top.
- Under Settings go the Privacy Settings below System Profiles.
- Click on the last option in Privacy Settings which is Blocked Contacts.
- Click the add contact symbol in the top right corner of the screen. Now you can search through your contact list to add the contact you want to block.
Blocked contacts can be unblocked from here by clicking the Options key.
WhatsApp for Nokia Symbian
- Launch WhatsApp and then press the Options key.
- Select Settings and then find the option name General (gear wheel symbol).
- The last option is Blocked here. Click on it and press the option key again to Add Contact from a list of WhatsApp contacts.
Blocked contacts can be removed from by selecting the contact and pressing Options, then choosing to Unblock.
WhatsApp for Nokia Asha
- First, launch WhatsApp. And then tap Options at the bottom left of the display.
- Scroll down to Settings. In Setting select the Blocked Contacts option.
- Use the option key again to Add Contacts from your contacts list to your blocked contacts.
Unblock the contacts by tapping on them and selecting the Unblock option at the bottom, in the centre.