- Echoes of the Fields: Herdsman and Shepherds in Ancient Bharat
- Hyderabad: Dy Mayor Srilatha to join Congress today
- Tirupati: TDP names 3 new faces from Chittoor in first list
- Bejan Daruwalla’s horoscope
- PM to lay foundation of rail projects costing Rs 230 cr
- Awakening universal consciousness
- Telangana: Inter exam hall tickets released
- CM Revanth Reddy orders probe into Dharani portal
- Vijayawada: Six former MLAs, 3 new faces in TDP’s first list
- Exploring the spiritual significance of colours
Tiger on the prowl in Kothagudem
Residents of Laxmidevipalli were in a grip of fear after many villagers sighted the tiger and its pugmarks in the village on Wednesday.
Residents of Laxmidevipalli were in a grip of fear after many villagers sighted the tiger and its pugmarks in the village on Wednesday. The movement of tiger has been reported at Regalla cross road.
On seeing the tiger, the villagers alerted the forest officials who rushed to the village to track the animal's movement. It is learned that the spot where the tiger was spotted is at 2 km radius from the under construction collectorate building.
On Monday, the same tiger attacked a calf in Gundlamadugu village in Tekulapalli mandal which falls under Kothagudem forest division. The injured calf belonged to a person identified as Bhukya Kanya, a farmer. Bhukya Kanya was living in a hut near their fields to protect his crop produce from being destroyed by wild boars.
The farmer and his wife were alerted by the mooing of the calf and rushed to the place where the calf his tied and shocked to see a tiger grabbing the cow's neck. The couple rescued the calf by throwing granite stones on the tiger which ran away later.