- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
AP police to get weekly offs from 19 June
The much awaited weekly offs of the AP police has finally become into reality. This new policy will be implemented from 19th June across the state.
Amaravati: The much awaited weekly offs of the AP police has finally become into reality. This new policy will be implemented from 19th June across the state.
From constable to CI, everyone will get a one-day weekly holiday. The police department has expressed happiness over getting the weekly off.
So far, there is no weekly off rule in the police department, only they are eligible for the annual holidays. The annual holidays include sick leaves, casual leaves, and earned leaves.
Before the 2019 general elections, YS Jagan has promised to give weekly offs facility to the police department. Within a week of coming into the power, CM YS Jagan has initiated the actions to implement it.
AP DGP Gautam Sawang has formed a committee of 22 police representatives headed by ADG Ravi Shankar Ayyanar on 4th June. The committee has studied on the hurdles faced during the implementation of the weekly off.
On 10th June, the committee has met DGP Sawang at police headquarters in Mangalagiri and decided to implement weekly offs. The committee said staff shortage is not the issue for the implementation.
Over getting the weekly offs, the police Personal's and their family members have expressed happiness. The policemen said that they can spend time with family and can complete the pending works on the holiday.
The police higher officials said that by giving the weekly off, the work pressure will be reduced, and they can deliver more productive output.