- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
APCSOC issues ransomware alert to all depts in the State
Fearing an attack of Robin Hood Ransomware, a type of computer virus, the AP Cyber Security Operations Centre (APCSOC) has blocked all private mail services in the Secretariat.
Amaravati: Fearing an attack of Robin Hood Ransomware, a type of computer virus, the AP Cyber Security Operations Centre (APCSOC) has blocked all private mail services in the Secretariat.
Based on experience of ransomware attack on Telangana power distribution companies' websites and servers, the APCSOC has been collecting information regarding the hacking. The APCSOC will analyse the attack pattern, said authorities concerned on Wednesday in a release.
The APCSOC issued threat advisory to AP State Data Centre (APSDC), APSWAN, AP Secretariat and other IT wings in government about the ransomware and made recommendations to secure IT infrastructure.
Government officials are directed to ensure all latest infrastructure patches are installed up to date, antivirus is up and running with latest updates, not to open any emails sent from unknown sender or suspicious attachment, forward suspicious mails to APCSOC Helpdesk at [email protected] and disable unused ports and services to ensure IT infrastructure strengthened. It also suggested to the officials of all departments to restrict the PowerShell, SMB port (445) and SNMP port (161, 162) access for the required applications only.