- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy keen to implement reforms in libraries
Minister for Education Adimulapu Suresh said that Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has been trying to implement reforms to get changes in the libraries.
Guntur: Minister for Education Adimulapu Suresh said that Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has been trying to implement reforms to get changes in the libraries. He urged the officials and employees to implement the reforms with commitment to get good results, at district libraries' chairpersons meeting at ZP conference hall in Guntur city on Friday.
Speaking on this occasion, Suresh said that Jagan Mohan Reddy is giving top priority to health and education.
Stressing on the need to promote reading habit among the people, he said that the government will purchase books for libraries and urged the officials to increase purchase of books by at least 10 per cent every year.
He said the government is trying to digitalise and set up AC rooms in libraries and e-libraries will come within the reach of the readers. The Minister assured that he will conduct a meeting with municipal chairpersons and mayors, and DSPOs to collect library cess dues from local bodies. He assured that he will take steps to increase retirement age of the employee to 62 years very soon and added that he will take steps to fill the vacant posts in the libraries on outsourcing system.
State Public Libraries Director MR Prasanna said that within two years, libraries digitalisation, bar coding, data entry will be completed. He said they will take steps to collect cess dues also.
MLC Lella Appi Reddy, Guntur Mayor Kavati Siva Naga Manohar Naidu, State Grandhalaya Parishad chairman Mandapati Seshagiri Rao, AP secretariat employees association president Kakarla Venkatarami Reddy, Rashtra Grandhalaya Udyogula Sangham president K Madhusudhana Raju, district library chairmen were among those present.