- Samsung launches new fitness tracker 'Galaxy Fit3' in India
- Key investors move NCLT against Byju’s rights issue, firm says yet to get any petition
- WPL created a platform for young players to achieve their dreams: Beth Mooney
- Goldman Sachs downgrades key banking stocks, says goldilocks period over
- India and Netherlands to enhance maritime security in Indian Ocean Region
- Sona BLW Precision shares flare up
- Surily G’s return to the runway
- Rakul Preet Singh & Jackky Bhagnani's Colorful Wedding Moments Revealed!
- Adherence to NMC guidelines may help docs with ethics, quality: Experts
- Spring Beauty Revival
Development of science, technology essential for growth of country
Science City Chief Executive Officer Professor A Krishna Rao said that the growth of the country is possible with the development of science and technology.
Rajamahendravaram: Science City Chief Executive Officer Professor A Krishna Rao said that the growth of the country is possible with the development of science and technology. He inaugurated training programme for the teachers being organised by Andhra Pradesh Academy of Sciences and Royal Society of Chemistry under the aegis of Adikavi Nannaya University (AKNU) at the campus here on Tuesday.
Later, he underlined the need to bring awareness among the students on science and technology which is the need of the hour. Union Ministry of Science and Technology is putting its endeavour to bring awareness on the two subjects and as part of it science and technology will be developed in AP.
As part of it training classes were taken up for the faculty. Tirupati, Visakhapatnam and Amaravati will be developed as science cities in the state in the first phase and the remaining towns will be developed in the second phase. In addition, science museums will also be started with special exhibits and science research centres.
Andhra Pradesh Academy of Sciences secretary MVV Bhuvaneswara Rao said teacher training programme received tremendous response and books published by Royal Society of Chemistry was distributed to the participants. These three books will benefit to the faculty to teach lessons to the students. Academic Dean Professor Y Srinivasa Rao, Science and Technology Principal Professor K Ramaneswari, Assistant Professor K Deepthi and others were present.