- Calcutta HC grants bail to scribe arrested from Sandeshkhali, raps police for being hyper-active
- Former minister Dr. Palle Raghunath Reddy flays YSRCP govt.
- 'Aim for global leadership', PM Modi hails Amul's contribution
- Greece sees India playing a key role in world peace and security
- Vijay Deverakonda Comments on Fan Video, Promises Meet-Up for 90% in Exams
- Investors to go ahead with Friday meet to oust Byju’s CEO amid court order
- Bolla Brahmanaidu participates in Volunteer Vandanam in Vinukonda
- Salem-based college students power ISRO’s new INSAT-3DS with precision equipment
- Operation Valentine Trailer: Varun Tej's Next Film Promises Top Gun Vibes
- Hindupur YSRCP incharge Deepika participates in Volunteer Vandanam in rural mandal
Farmers stage dharna
Farmers under the auspices of AP Rythu Sangham staged a dharna at paddy purchase centre here on Saturday, demanding that the officials over failure to purchase the paddy.
Chagallu: Farmers under the auspices of AP Rythu Sangham staged a dharna at paddy purchase centre here on Saturday, demanding that the officials over failure to purchase the paddy. They grilled Tahsildar and the centre organizers for not lifting the paddy from the farmers.
The protesters questioned the officials on inaction to supply gunny bags to the farmers to initiate the paddy purchase procedure. Addressing the protesters, the AP Rythu Sangham district secretary K Srinivas alleged that the paddy purchase centres had been set up for just name sake and they turned the Agencies for millers. He criticized the government for not keeping gunny bags ready at the purchase centres.
He demanded the government to offer a bonus of Rs 500 on quintal of paddy purchased. It was unfortunate that the government was not acting fast to lift the paddy even though the farmers were ready with harvest for the past 20 days. He demanded that the government pay the price immediately.