- Four killed, several injured in blast at firecracker factory in UP
- Key SIMI operative nabbed after 22 years from Maharashtra
- No surprises in first list of TDP in Srikakulam
- South Korea probes company on US sanctions list over Russia connection
- Amit Shah in MP to review BJP's LS election preparations
- Visakhapatnam: PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone for redevelopment of 12 rly stations
- APPSC chairman Gautam Sawang asks candidates not to believe rumours on Group 1 exams
- Aspirants upset in Dhone, Kodumur constituencies
- Mann Ki Baat will not be broadcast for next three months, says PM Modi
- Time to send YSRCP packing: BJP
Vizag continues to record more coronavirus cases
Visakhapatnam district recorded 684 Covid-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, pushing its tally to 5,165
Visakhapatnam: Visakhapatnam district recorded 684 Covid-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, pushing its tally to 5,165. The total number of recoveries increased to 2,200. As many as 1,049 cases were reported in the district on Wednesday, highest in a single day so far. There are 2,904 active cases.
However, 2,200 patients were discharged from hospitals after their complete recovery. Sixty-one persons died due to virus in the district so far. Very active clusters are 119, active clusters are 293 and dormant clusters 229 while 39 clusters have been denotified so far.
In view of the increasing number of cases, the district authorities paid attention to various preventive measures. District Collector V Vinay Chand directed the authorities concerned to speed up the setting up of Covid Care Centres in each constituency. Each centre should have no less than 300 beds and ambulances to be made available.
The collector directed the staff to shift positive patients to Aarogyasri network hospitals when required. Meanwhile, ITDA Project Officer S Venkateswar interacted with coronavirus patients in Visakhapatnam.