- Will you resign if nothing found in probe, Kejriwal asks PM Modi over house renovation row
- Bengal school job case: ED summons Abhishek Banerjee again on Oct 3
- Demands for fair share charge on OTT companies smack of rent-seeking: IAMAI
- Worms in Mid-Day Meal: Goa govt suspends licence of Self-Help Group
- Angelina Jolie was ‘saved’ by her children
- Govt crushed hopes & dreams of youth, leading to rising suicides among them: Congress
- Equity investors become poorer by Rs 2.95 lakh cr as markets fall
- Sun Pharma to buyout local partner in Mexican arm
- OPS undecided on alliance with BJP
- Eutelsat-OneWeb integrated group to offer GEO-LEO satellite communications service
BJP and Janata Dal cannot tolerate the implementation of our free schemes: DCM DK Shivakumar
The Deputy Chief Minister D K Shivakumar on Monday stated that Whoever is given a single rupee by the government should be accountable and responsible.
BENGALURU: The Deputy Chief Minister D K Shivakumar on Monday stated that Whoever is given a single rupee by the government should be accountable and responsible. Beneficiaries must have a Voter ID Card, Bank Account, Aadhaar Card. Money cannot be given to someone else's bank account.
Speaking to media persons at his residence, DCM D K Shivakumar said, The householder should decide who is the owner of the house. We will not interfere in their house matters. Voter ID card, APL, BPL cards contain information about who is in which house.
BJP and Janata Dal cannot tolerate the implementation of this scheme. There is no cure for their jealousy. Those who talk about our scheme should first talk about BJP's job promise. Let 15 lakh be deposited in everyone's account. Why is nobody asking about it? Is it possible to say no to protestors in a democratic system?, says Shivakumar.
When questioned if the tax payers did not vote for him, he said, 'We have decided to help the poor. Tax and GST payers are not asking for this scheme. Many have written to us saying they don't want this scheme. The authorities had given a dimension about the rented tenants in the matter of electricity guarantee. But we have clarified about that.