- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
1 killed, 14 saved from Mumbai building blaze
At least one person was killed and one critically injured while 14 others were rescued from a fire that broke out in a four-storeyed building in Mumbai on Sunday afternoon.
Mumbai, July 21 : At least one person was killed and one critically injured while 14 others were rescued from a fire that broke out in a four-storeyed building in Mumbai on Sunday afternoon.
According to the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Disaster Control, the fire was noticed around 12.20 p.m. on the third floor of Churchill Chambers, behind the iconic Hotel Taj Mahal in Colaba area.
Teams of fire brigade rushed to the spot and started fire-fighting operations. At least 14 residents, who were trapped, were rescued using fire-ladders and brought down safely.
One person, Shyam Ayyar, 54, who was injured critically, was declared dead at the GT Hospital.
Another seriously injured 50-year-old man, Yusuf Poonamwala, has been admitted to Bombay Hospital for treatment.
The police have cordoned off the busy Mereweather Road after the blaze triggered panic among the locals and tourists.