- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
ITBP officer killed in accident near LAC in Ladakh
An Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) official was killed in a accident near the line of actual control (LAC) in Ladakh region, the paramilitary force announced on Wednesday.
Srinagar: An Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) official was killed in a accident near the line of actual control (LAC) in Ladakh region, the paramilitary force announced on Wednesday.
"ITBP salutes the braveheart assistant commandant, Tikam Singh Negi, of 24th Battalion ITBP who made the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty in Ladakh on April 2, 2023", the ITBP said on its official Twitter handle.
Negi was posted on this front since 2021. Official sources said that he was leading a long range patrol when he fell into the gorge while negotiating the treacherous LAC terrain in Ladakh.
The LAC forms the de facto border between India and China in the Ladakh region.