- SC directed to present joint arguments on the Delhi Service Bill petition filed by the Kejriwal government
- Police seized ganja worth Rs.93 lakhs
- Chandigarh Smart City gets best UT award
- Contemplating the creation of district-wise water bodies atlas: Minister NS Boseraju
- ISSHP World Congress 2023: Pragnya to tackle Pre-eclampsia and Elevate Maternal Health Awareness
- CBI files FIR against Indore firm in Rs 15.52 cr loan fraud case
- How new-age edutech platforms enabling outcome-based education
- Congress has no warranty but is giving guarantees in Telangana: Minister KTR
- Turned producer to tell stories that evoke emotions, leave impact: Alia Bhatt
- Amul expects no price hike after timely monsoon in Gujarat, says chief Jayen S Mehta
Sukhu, Anurag launch DD Himachal service
Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Anurag Singh Thakur and Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu on Thursday launched round-the-clock service of Doordarshan Himachal here
Shimla: Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Anurag Singh Thakur and Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu on Thursday launched round-the-clock service of Doordarshan Himachal here. Welcoming Sukhu, Thakur said it was a momentous day for Himachal Pradesh with the launching of 24-hour telecast of the channel.
Equipped with modern equipment, DD Himachal will also be available on DTH.
The information related to art, culture, traditions, tourist and religious places, and various achievements of the state will now be available on the national network.
Besides tourism promotion, programmes on Himachali folk music would be telecast on the lines of Doordarshan's famous programme -- Chitrahaar.
Three news bulletins of half-an-hour duration would be broadcast on DD Himachal, said the Union minister.
Remembering former Prime Minister late Indira Gandhi, Sukhu attributed the national telecast of Doordarshan to her, and said since then, a lot of progress has been witnessed in the history of Doordarshan.
He thanked the Union Minister for understanding the necessity of the reach of Doordarshan in remote and far-flung areas of Himachal Pradesh.
The Chief Minister urged Prasar Bharti to telecast various programmes based on the rich tourism potential of Himachal Pradesh.