- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Two children among three killed in house collapse in Pithoragarh
A man and his two children were killed when their house collapsed following rain in Pithoragarh district early Friday, a senior official said.
The house collapsed around 3 am in Chaisar village, killing its owner Kushal Nath and his two children and leaving his wife injured, District Magistrate VK Jogdande said.
The house seems to have collapsed because of being old as it did not rain heavily, he said.
SDRF and police teams rescued Nath's wife and extricated the bodies from the rubble, the DM said.