- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Swiss Challenge route to award capital works: Yanamala
Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said the State government is taking steps to build new capital under Swiss Challenge mode as the system had been popular globally for taking up construction works or works related to tourism in a transparent way with accountability.
Kakinada: Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said the State government is taking steps to build new capital under Swiss Challenge mode as the system had been popular globally for taking up construction works or works related to tourism in a transparent way with accountability.
Speaking to press persons at his residence at Timmapuram here on Tuesday, the Minister said that the TD government successfully implemented this method during its earlier tenure. He said that those who are in opposition and do not have basic knowledge on the issue are coming out with different statements. He advised the YSRC leaders to go through the GO and understand the Swiss Challenge method.
Ramakrishnudu reminded that even the Supreme Court also supported this method when it was challenged.The Minister made it clear that the State government would not have any say or control in awarding works in this method since proposals sent by various reputed and competent companies would be kept in public domain.
If the second company comes forward and quotes less for the works, the first company will be asked to take up the work at this price. In case the first company refuses, the second company which quoted less will get the work, Ramakrishnudu explaned.