- Nothing Phone 2(a) Launch: Livestream, Price, Specifications Details
- YSRCP is ‘sinking boat’: Tulasi Reddy
- Waiting for strong candidate to fight in elections: Mekapati
- Chandrababu appoints Chillapalli Srinivasa Rao as State BC Declaration Committee member
- Devineni Avinash participates in foundation laying of development works
- Police seize `1.81 cr unaccounted money
- Guddampally Venu Reddy Participates in YSR Asara Varotsavalu Grant Program in Hindupuram
- Trafficking survivors need livelihood opportunities
- Congress OBC state chief demands SCS for AP
- MVV Satyanarayana extends financial assistance to kin of deceased in Visakha
Water supplied to 1.7 lakh acres: Somireddy
Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy said that they had supplied water for 1.7 lakh acres under Kandaleru reservoir for agriculture activity during this season. He inspected water levels at Guruvindapudi tank in Manubolu mandal on Thursday.
Nellore: Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy said that they had supplied water for 1.7 lakh acres under Kandaleru reservoir for agriculture activity during this season. He inspected water levels at Guruvindapudi tank in Manubolu mandal on Thursday.
The Minister also inspected the crops at Kommalapudi village and enquired with farmers about the crops. He expressed his satisfaction over responses of the farmers for cultivating crops. “Water was supplied from the Krishna River to Kandaleru reservoir. Further, it was distributed to Kalangi and Swarnamukhi rivers.
Water would reach Vakadu barrage by Thursday evening and from there to Thupili tank,” said the Minister. State government had released 5 tmcft of water additionally to the district and consequently farmers cultivated 1.76 lakh acres under Kandaleru reservoir, he added.
Tanks in Chittamur, Vakadu and also in some other mandals were filled with water released from Kandaleru, Somireddy said. Nellore city, Sarvepalli, Gudur, Venkatagiri, Sullurpeta and Satyavedu have been benefited by the decision of releasing additional water, said the Minister.
Somireddy informed that farmers in 6 constituencies have cultivated around 7 lakh acres during the current agriculture season. The Minister also said that they had supplied water to all tanks in Podalakur mandal and the area developed on par with other delta lands.
Tahasildar Leela Rani, Panchayat Raj DE Anil Kumar and others were present. Further, Minister also offered prayers at Sri Chennakeshava Swamy temple in Krishnapatnam village of Muthukur mandal. He directed the officials to construct an approach road for the burial ground from SC Colony.
The Minister sanctioned housing for the residents in the colony. He also sanctioned Rs 1.2 crore for laying road to the SC Colony from the village. Somireddy said that the construction of road works would start soon. Tahsildar K Chennaiah, Panchayat Sarpanch Molakalamma and others were present.