- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Free tailoring training, sewing machines to poor
Local MLA and Government Whip Meda Mallikarjuna Reddy said here on Friday that the state government would provide free tailoring training to poor women of the town to pave the way for their economic uplift.
Rajampet: Local MLA and Government Whip Meda Mallikarjuna Reddy said here on Friday that the state government would provide free tailoring training to poor women of the town to pave the way for their economic uplift.
These women would be given free sewing machines, he stated while participating in a function in the Rajampet municipal office where sewing machines and mosquito nets were distributed to poor women free of cost.
According to Reddy, already 380 sewing machines have been distributed in the municipal limits. As many as 13,000 mosquito nets have been distributed in the Rajampet constituency alone. He revealed that the constituency stood first in the State in the distribution of the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF) cheques worth Rs 6 crore.
Reddy stated that 549 poor people having land without houses in Rajampet have been identified. They would be given subsidy. Stone for construction of their houses was laid in Sasthupalle on Thursday, he stated.
Reddy distributed 114 sewing machines, 400 mosquito nets, Rs 6.6 lakh under the Chandranna Bima scheme and CMRF cheques for Rs 16.63 lakh to 49 persons. He released six lakh fishlings into the Annamayya dam in this mandal.