Volkswagen Beetle India to launch on Dec 19
The iconic Volkswagen Beetle will return to our shores on December 19, 2015. Bookings for the Beetle commenced at Volkswagen dealers across the country a few days ago.
The iconic Volkswagen Beetle will return to our shores on December 19, 2015. Bookings for the Beetle commenced at Volkswagen dealers across the country a few days ago. The India-spec Beetle will come with a 1.4-litre 149bhp petrol turbo-petrol engine. The current-gen Beetle was launched internationally in 2011.
It Beetle carries the same basic silhouette as its predecessor, but has been heavily reworked. It is now larger and lower than the older model. The squared bumpers, rakish roofline, integrated spoiler and larger wheels give the car a more muscular stance than its predecessor, thus reaching out to a wider audience. Test-mules of the Beetle have been spotted earlier on Indian roads.
The Beetle for India will come as a single fully-loaded variant. Four colour options will be offered and features like a panoramic sunroof, bi-xenon headlamps, leather interiors and chrome packages for interior & exterior will be standard. The Beetle will be sold as a CBU and is expected to be priced at around Rs 28-30 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Pune: Man spits blood after eating burger stuffed with glass pieces at Burger King
- Anti-BJP front leaders meet in Delhi over counting process
- Tight security arrangements for counting day in Kerala
- MLA, 6 others killed in attack by Naga militants in Arunachal
- TMC-BJP clashes: Train services disrupted, bomb hurled outside railway station in WB