T Row: Congress leader Keshav Rao quits to join Telangana Rashtra Samithi
In what seems to stir the Telangana crisis again, two Congress leaders have quit from the party and joined...
In what seems to stir the Telangana crisis again, two Congress leaders have quit from the party and joined theA Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS). Among them is prominent senior party leader Keshav Rao. "Two Members of Parliament belonging to Congress have quit along with Keshav Rao. They have done every efforts to bring out the issue of Telangana. All three of them decided to join Telangana Rashtra Samithi," said TRS leader KT Rama Rao. Mr Rao, who had been on the forefront of the Telangana agitation, had earlier warned the Congress to decide on the issue of separate statehood for Telangana, failing which they will quit the party. "I don't know why Keshav Rao and others have quit the party. I will talk to Keshav Rao," Congress spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das said. The leaders have been in the forefront of the Telangana agitation. They held a sit-in the premises of the Parliament during the recently-concluded session.
- Lok Sabha elections: Five legislators among 248 lose deposit in Punjab, AAP worst hit
- Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh planning to set up permanent bases in eastern India: Home Ministry
- Surat fire: Toll climbs to 22, coaching class owner held, two on the run
- This Gujarat Woman's Cow Dung-Coated Car Is An Internet Sensation
- It was unfortunate : Gujarat CM on Surat Fire accident