- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
2 of a family electrocuted
Two persons of a family were electrocuted, and three others suffered injuries when they came in contact with a live wire at Kommala village under Arvapally mandal in the district. Tragedy happened when they were carrying out repairs on roof of their house.
Arvapally (Suryapet): Two persons of a family were electrocuted, and three others suffered injuries when they came in contact with a live wire at Kommala village under Arvapally mandal in the district. Tragedy happened when they were carrying out repairs on roof of their house.
The deceased were identified as Baspolu Satyanaryana (55) and his son-in-law Sobhan Babu (30). The marriage of Satyanarayana’s son, Upendra, is scheduled to take place on April 12.
When Satyanarayana and Sobhan Babu, along with others, climbed onto the roof of the house, made of asbestos, a live wire snapped and fell on them. Satyanarayana and his son-in-law were electrocuted, and others suffered injuries.
The injured were shifted to Suryapet hospital for treatment.Pall of gloom descended on the village as the tragedy unfolded.
On information, local MLA Gadari Kishorevisited the village and consoled the family members.He promisedto help them geta compensation of Rs 4 lakh each of the desceased.