- Samsung launches new fitness tracker 'Galaxy Fit3' in India
- Key investors move NCLT against Byju’s rights issue, firm says yet to get any petition
- WPL created a platform for young players to achieve their dreams: Beth Mooney
- Goldman Sachs downgrades key banking stocks, says goldilocks period over
- India and Netherlands to enhance maritime security in Indian Ocean Region
- Sona BLW Precision shares flare up
- Surily G’s return to the runway
- Rakul Preet Singh & Jackky Bhagnani's Colorful Wedding Moments Revealed!
- Adherence to NMC guidelines may help docs with ethics, quality: Experts
- Spring Beauty Revival
Kerala floods: VP Venkaiah Naidu calls review meeting
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu on Monday called a review meeting to take stock of the Kerala floods with Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha Harivansh, and decided to donate a months salary for relief measures
New Delhi: Vice President Venkaiah Naidu on Monday called a review meeting to take stock of the Kerala floods with Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha Harivansh, and decided to donate a month's salary for relief measures.
Senior officials of the upper house and Vice President Secretariat I.V. Subba Rao also attended the meeting.
Meanwhile, various other states leaders have announced monetary help for Kerala, which has been reeling under acute flood situation.
The Centre has also launched massive rescue operations in the state, along with Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
Earlier on Saturday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a relief fund of Rs. 500 crore to the state, in addition to the financial assistance of Rs 100 crore, announced by Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
This flood is being considered as the worst flood in Kerala's history in 140 years, claiming at least 357 lives.