- India’s coal imports for power plants fall by 37% as self-reliance grows
- PM Modi's tribute to Veer Savarkar in his own handwriting goes viral
- Couple's fight over momos reaches family counselling centre
- SJVN to supply 300 MW solar power to J&K from Rajasthan unit
- Govt ropes in IIT Delhi to pick locations for new industrial smart cities
- RBI fines SBI, Canara Bank for breach of rules
- Rameshwaram fishers to meet CM Stalin on regular arrests by Lankan Navy
- SK Telecom, global telcos to form AI language model joint venture
- PM Modi, top Union ministers, UP CM mourn loss of 'beacon of Indian music'
- 'Intimidating officials': AP govt urges Supreme Court to cancel Chandrababu Naidu's bail
Hyderabad Metro Security being faulted for suicide attempts
Hyderabad Metro Railway Stations Questions raised on security arrangements at Metro Railway Stations in the city, since two suicide attempts were occurred within 3 days time An unknown male person committed suicide at Ameerpet Metro Station on Thursday morning hours The victim went to first floor of the Metro Station and jumped down from there
Questions raised on security arrangements at Metro Railway Stations in the city, since two suicide attempts were occurred within 3 days time. An unknown male person committed suicide at Ameerpet Metro Station on Thursday morning hours. The victim went to first floor of the Metro Station and jumped down from there. Due to severe injuries the person died on the spot. SR Nagar police reached the spot and shifted the body to Gandhi Hospital mortuary for post mortem. Police was suspecting the victim’s health as unstable as he had not wore any clothes. Police are trying to identify the victim.
Earlier on Tuesday a woman by name Swapna attempted for suicide by jumping down from the Victoria Memorial Metro Station at Kothapet. She went into depression due to the family disputes and reached to Victoria Memorial Metro Station and suddenly jumped down from there and attempted suicide. She was undergoing treatment in the hospital with injuries.
Meanwhile the two incidents took place within three days at the metro stations aimed the fingers on security arrangements at the stations. City passengers are asking the Metro officials to take tight security measures at the stations and see that such incidents should not occur in future.