Children's doctor attacked in Hyderabad; Pediatricians stop OP services for 24 hours in Hyderabad and in districts
Even before the medical fraternity could come to terms with vandalism at a corporate hospital in the city, a childrens doctor named Dr Michael Aranha was physically assaulted in his clinic in Himayat Nagar
Hyderabad: Even before the medical fraternity could come to terms with vandalism at a corporate hospital in the city, a children's doctor named Dr Michael Aranha was physically assaulted in his clinic in Himayat Nagar.
In protest against this incident, Pediatrics Associations have called for a 24 hour bandh and accordingly, Out Patient services in clinics and few corporate hospitals extending child care services will remain closed until Tuesday morning.
This incident happened on Friday evening, but came to light late after doctor fell ill and was admitted to a private hospital. A police complaint was lodged in Narayanaguda police station by the doctor.
Indian Academy of Pediatrics condemned the incident and central executive board member from Telangana Dr D Ramesh stated that they will meet DGP and others concerned to take strict action against accused.
- Court extends Robert Vadra's anticipatory bail till March 25
- Congress will restore special category status to Arunachal Pradesh and other NE states: Rahul Gandhi
- Add 'Pappu' to your names: Haryana Minister to Congress workers
- Ahead of Lok Sabha polls, Indian politicians taking fashion world by storm
- Watch: Mayawati gets facial daily, colours hair to look young at 60, says BJP MLA