Laser device to detect alcohol in cars
Researchers have developed a laser device that can detect the presence of alcohol vapours inside a moving car.
London: Researchers have developed a laser device that can detect the presence of alcohol vapours inside a moving car. The laser system, developed at the Military University of Technology in Warsaw, is set up on the side of the road to monitor each car that passes by. If alcohol vapours are detected in the car, a message with a photo of the car including its number plate is sent to a police officer waiting down the road. Then, the police officer stops the car and checks for signs of alcohol using conventional tests.
- Explosion of chemical container at the house of RR Nagar MLA
- BJP will repeat 2014 UP victory in WB; Mahagathbandhan vision-less: Ram Madhav
- DMK is not bothered about exit poll results: M K Stalin
- Godse extremist remark: Kamal Haasan secures anticipatory bail
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan HC issues fresh notices to Saif, Tabu, others