App that ruins your selfie
Russian developers have created a new anti-selfie mobile app that tracks your face in real time and applies filters that obscure your face in funny ways.
Moscow: Sep 2 (IANS) Russian developers have created a new anti-selfie mobile app that tracks your face in real time and applies filters that obscure your face in funny ways.
In less than two weeks of its launch, the app called SLMMSK has been used in more than 6,000 Instagram photos and has made it into the top-100 free apps on the Russian App Store.
Developed by Vladimir Shreyder, the creator of the famous Glitche app, the app includes a face recognition algorithm.
It has 10 facial filters - from a semi-transparent puzzle to extended emoji icons.
The new application is a response to the selfie culture that has invaded internet space over the last few years, media reports said.
Developers hope to release a full version of the app this month.
- Exit Poll Results 2019 Live Updates: NDA set to return to power, predict most exit polls
- NDA tipped to retain power at the Centre: Exit polls on TV
- Rahul Gandhi tells Karnataka leaders to behave, avoid coalition troubles
- Three dead as SUV hits a truck
- Madhya Pradesh woman dies of cardiac arrest while waiting to vote