- KTR wonders why PM & HM are not bothered about wrestlers’ plight
- Telangana Congress slams Modi government’s 9 year long rule
- Khaap leaders take medals away from wrestlers, agitation to continue
- BRS only party to work for welfare of people: Kavitha
- Telangana people happy with performance of BRS government: Gutha
- Karnataka Deputy CM D K Shivakumar’s Surprise visit to Rajahmundry
- Man found dead in Hayathnagar of Hyderabad
- The Dubbing Works Of Pawan Kalyan And Sai Dharam Tej’s ‘Bro’ Begins Today
- Amazon Revolution 5G sale: Get Discounts on Samsung Galaxy M14, Redmi K50i and more
- Telangana Development model-A Paradigm Shift
Lake Police foil suicide bid by two
The Lake Police saved two persons in two separate incidents who tried to commit suicide by jumping into Hussain Sagar on Sunday.
Hyderabad: The Lake Police saved two persons in two separate incidents who tried to commit suicide by jumping into Hussain Sagar on Sunday. A 29-year-old Viraja of Kukatpally was seen wandering near the lake. Minutes later, she began walking into the water, police said.
A constable, Satyanarayana and home guard Anjaneyulu attached to Lake Police spotted her and dragged her to safety even as she tried to free herself from the cops. She was later counselled and sent back to her family. “She is suffering from health problems since 10 years. Due to depression, she tried to end her life,” Lake Police inspector P Janakamma said. In another incident, Shaik Mahammod, 34, a watchman of Medak district, was rescued by the cops when he tried to commit suicide by jumping into the lake. He was brought to Lake Police Station and handed over to his family members after counselling.