23 cows electrocuted in Medak

23 cows electrocuted in Medak
Highlights

In a shocking incident, 23 cows which were being taken to cattle fodder camp by the farmers got electrocuted on their way to the safe haven.

Medak: In a shocking incident, 23 cows which were being taken to cattle fodder camp by the farmers got electrocuted on their way to the safe haven.

To save cattle from severe drought and to utilise the district administration's newly-inaugurated cattle fodder camp on the banks of Nallavagu River in Kalher mandal, the farmers of Kangti gram panchayat were leading about 100 cows by foot.

The cattle reached Antargam village in Kalher mandal when the farmers decided to leave their cattle to rest in an open agricultural land. In the early hours of Monday, due to strong winds, a high tension wire which was passing through the land at an appropriate height, snapped and fell on the cows, due to which the cows got died of electric shock on the spot.

Animal Husbandry Joint Director Laxma Reddy reached the spot and declared Rs 20,000 as compensation to the farmers for each cow.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
More Stories


Top