- Rajamahendravaram: Jobs to local youth through industrial development, says Collector Madhavi Latha
- CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy to hand over TIDCO houses in Gudivada soon
- Vijayawada: YSRCP busy studying TDP manifesto’s impact
- Visakhapatnam: RINL bags prestigious Greentech Safety Award 2023
- Hyderabad: Khelo India University Games
- Vijayawada: Tobacco-free Youth Plan to be implemented for 60 days
- CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy inaugurates Home for Sick, Destitute
- Visakhapatnam: CMDE Rajneesh takes over as Naval Officer-in-Charge
- Hyderabad: PETA India raises awareness on caging of birds
- Leopard spotted at Veera Saiva Gurukulam at Srisailam
French Open: Sharapova withdraws from French Open due to shoulder injury
The 32-year-old, who has won five Grand Slam titles, has not played since the end of January.
Paris: Twice champion Maria Sharapova has withdrawn from the French Open after failing to recover fully from shoulder surgery, the former world number one said on Wednesday.
"Withdrawing from the French Open today. Sometimes the right decisions aren't always the easiest ones," the Russian wrote on Instagram.
The 32-year-old, who has won five Grand Slam titles, has not played since the end of January and underwent shoulder surgery at the end of February.
The French Open starts in Paris on May 26.
"In better news, I have returned to the practice court, and slowly building the strength back in my shoulder," she added.