- Munawar's festive avatar in 'Legacy' poster
- Education Ministry, FIFA to make football more accessible to both boys and girls
- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
Andhra Pradesh Crop Insurance Corporation on the cards: Minister Kurasala Kannababu
Minister for Agriculture Kurasala Kannababu said that the state government is contemplating to start Andhra Pradesh Crop Insurance Corporation for the benefit of farmers in the state
Rajamahendravaram: Minister for Agriculture Kurasala Kannababu said that the state government is contemplating to start Andhra Pradesh Crop Insurance Corporation for the benefit of farmers in the state.
Speaking to media at Roads and Buildings guest house here on Tuesday, he said that proposals have been sent to central government for its nod. Adecision will be taken at state-level on the suggestions receivedin East and West Godavari districts irrigation advisory board meetingheld on Tuesday.
He said that the services of the advisory board will be availed for the benefit of farmers. The farmers should complete rabi paddy transplantations by the end of December.The rabi season was reduced to 120 days this year to complete the Cofferdam of Polavaram Project. Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddyis very much particular about the welfare of farmers in the stateand implementing many schemes for them.
Canal repair and strengthening works in the delta area will be taken up afterclosing the canals, he averred.