- Nalgonda: Gutha Sukender Reddy lambasts Opposition for politicising Telangana Day celebrations
- Gadwal: Health officials seize clinic
- Bhongir: Jagadish Reddy calls for grand celebrations of State formation day
- Khammam: TDP youth leader Kasani Veeresh Mudiraj felicitated
- Bhadrachalam: What happened to your promises?
- Daycare Arrangements Result in Maximum Increase in Job Productivity Among Working Moms KLAY’s Survey Reveals
- Underwater adventures: James Cameron shares secrets of filming ‘Avatar’
- Hyderabad: G Kishan Reddy reviews 2,500-year old artefacts excavated by ASI
- A tale of karma and destiny
- Hyderabad: Goa Day celebrated at Raj Bhavan
Andhra Pradesh: One woman killed, 34 passengers injured in Nellore as lorry collides APSRTC bus
A Palle Velugu bus traveling from Atmakur to Nellore collided head-on with a lorry parked near the Damaramadugu Math Colony in the Buchireddypalem mandal on the Nellore-Bellari road.
In a ghastly road accident thar took place in Nellore district, a Palle Velugu bus traveling from Atmakur to Nellore collided head-on with a lorry parked near the Damaramadugu Math Colony in the Buchireddypalem mandal on the Nellore-Bellari road. It then overturned in crop fields 15 feet deep off the road. One woman was killed and 34 were injured in the accident.
The injured were rushed to a government hospital in Nellore in 108 vehicles and the doctors said that the condition of four of them is critical. Passengers say the accident was caused by the driver driving the bus while asleep.
After receiving the information, the police rushed to the spot and took relief measures. A case has been registered and an investigation is underway into the accident. The eyewitnesses said there were 40 passengers on the bus at the time of the accident. The front of the bus was completely destroyed in the accident.