- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Collector seeks parties cooperation for preparing flawless voters list
District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu appealed to the political parties to cooperate for preparation of flawless voters’ lists and for reorganisation of the polling stations in the district.
Nellore: District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu appealed to the political parties to cooperate for preparation of flawless voters' lists and for reorganisation of the polling stations in the district.
He addressed the representatives of political parties at a meeting here on Friday and said they have been taking up the programme as per directions of the Election Commission of India. Verification of voters' lists and reorganisation of the polling stations will be carried till Nov 18, and a draft voters' lists will be prepared on Nov 25, he said.
The Collector, further, said that they will invite claims and objections from the voters till December 24. These claims and objections will be resolved by Jan 10 and final lists will be prepared by January 20.
He informed that there are 24,23,596 voters in the district in which 11,87,891 are men and 12,35,328 are women and 377 are others. Out of 2,830 polling stations in the district there are 283 supervisors and asked the political parties to handover the lists of booth level agents to the officials of revenue, municipal wings, EROs in their areas or to the District Election Authority.
He said the state government plans to conduct elections for the local bodies shortly and the error-free voters' lists are highly needed and asked for their cooperation for preparing them. District Revenue Officer G Mallikarjuna, Sub Collectors from Gudur, Kavali and RDOs and other senior official, representatives of political parties were present.