- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
EG police impose traffic curbs in Kakinada
The East Godavari police imposed traffic restrictions for 24 hours from 4 am on May 23, the poll counting day, on Thursday.
Kakinada: The East Godavari police imposed traffic restrictions for 24 hours from 4 am on May 23, the poll counting day, on Thursday. Speaking to media SP Vishal Gunni said that in view of counting for the 3 Lok Sabha seats and 19 Assembly constituencies, the traffic restrictions were being imposed in Pithapuram Road from SP Office to Nagamalli Thota junction.
The counting centres located in the area were JNTU-K, Rangaraya Medical College, and District Sports Complex and at AKNU-MSN PG Centre at Atchampeta and at Ideal Institute of Technology in Vidyut Nagar. In this connection, the SP said that from SP office to Nagamalli Thota junction to Deputy Transport Commissioner's office the traffic restrictions will be imposed for all types of vehicles including APSRTC buses.
The SP also specified parking places for various contesting candidates, their agents officials and for media persons also. As far as parking for Ideal Institute of Technology, the parking for vehicles has been arranged at Challa function hall and Satya Sai Real Estate vacant site.