- City surgeon gets patent for path-breaking carpal tunnel device invention
- Lone Wolf operators at large?
- Five including three kids killed in fatal road accident
- Ambati Rambabu responds of Prashant Kishor’s comments on Jagan
- AP BJP chief reacts on alliance with TDP and Jana Sena
- Techie dies of heart attack while playing cricket
- Denied LS ticket, Harsh Vardhan quits politics
- NASA sends next batch of astronauts to ISS
- MLC Bharat unveils sandalwood smuggler Verappan’s memorial
- Delhi Government's 10th Annual Budget: Embracing "Ram Rajya" Principles For Inclusive Governance
Heart replacement surgery performed successfully at GGH
Doctors have successfully performed open heart surgery and replaced heart valve of a 28-years youth suffering from the heart problems at the Government General Hospital in Guntur on Tuesday.
Guntur: Doctors have successfully performed open heart surgery and replaced heart valve of a 28-years youth suffering from the heart problems at the Government General Hospital in Guntur on Tuesday. Heart valve of the youth was damaged and was not functioning properly and it is filled with the calcium.
Doctors performed open heart surgery and replaced it with the new heart valve. The heart surgery which was started at 8.30 a.m completed at 12 noon. If the same surgery is performed in the corporate hospital, the patient would have to pay at least Rs. 3-lakh. The doctors in the GGH performed the surgery at free of cost and gave a new lease of life to the youth.
GGH cardiothoracic head of the department, Dr V Markandeya Sarma performed the surgery. Cardiothoracic surgeon Dr Motilal, Dr Kalyani Rama, Dr Rama Raju and Dr Anand Raju performed the surgery. GGH superintendent Dr D S Raju Naidu, Guntur Medical College principal Dr. G Subba Rao appreciated the doctors who successfully performed the surgery.