- Pro-Pak slogan row: Union Minister Shobha Karandlaje demands NIA probe
- Morning Coffee Dilemma: Why Early Consumption May Harm Your Health
- Anurag Thakur emphasises the importance of sports science at National Centres of Excellence
- Amid political crisis, Himachal Assembly passes budget
- Kozhikode to Host Kerala Technology Expo 2024
- PM Modi likely to visit Telangana in March first week
- Raveena Tandon is a picture of elegance in white saree for wedding
- Bengal Congress leader Kaustav Bagchi quits party
- Land-for-job case: Delhi court grants regular bail to ex-Bihar CM Rabri Devi, daughters
- SS Rajamouli's Son Karthikeya Brings Malayalam film Premalu to Telugu Audiences
Jagan tells MPs to fight for SCS
Will the NDA government agree to grant special category status to Andhra Pradesh? What will be the strategy of YSRCP MPs in Parliament?
Amaravati: Will the NDA government agree to grant special category status to Andhra Pradesh? What will be the strategy of YSRCP MPs in Parliament?
Will TRS party support the demand in Parliament? These are some of the questions that are making rounds in the political circles.
YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy at the first meeting of the Legislature and Parliamentary party held in Guntur on Saturday made it clear that the MPs should work out a strategy to achieve special category status when Parliament meets.
He told them that it was one of the assurances made by the party and is part of their manifesto.
He also asked the newly-elected MPs of his party to get ready for a fight with the Centre for special status.
He directed them to resign if the situation demands to do so for achieving special status. He said that the YSR Congress never sacrificed the interests of the state.
But in an interesting development, BJP MLC from Visakhapatnam PVN Madhav said that no state would get special category status.