- INDIA bloc conceded defeat: Modi
- Guntur: Students told to focus on research
- Rahul’s Cambridge visit for lectures in poll season raises many eyebrows
- Hoax message delays Kolkata flight
- 3 Bihar Opposition MLAs ‘crossover’
- Energy dept bags 2 national awards
- British Airways supervisor on the run in India
- Abu Dhabi's Hindu temple to open for public from March 1
- Japanese firm ties up with Biological E to make dengue vaccine
- Rajamahendravaram: ‘Financial Literacy Week’ commences
Liquid hydrogen tank flagged off in Tirupati
VRV Asia Pacific manufactured the storage tank with liquid nitrogen in collaboration with SHAR.Liquid hydrogen is used as fuel for satellite launch vehicles. VRV Asia Pacific located in Sri City designs and manufactures cryogenic equipment.
Tirupati: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman Dr K Sivan, flagged off the shipment of India's largest liquid hydrogen storage tank at VRV Asia Pacific production plant in Sri City on Wednesday.
GL Ranganekar, Managing Director, VRV accorded a warm welcome to Dr Sivan and other senior executives of ISRO, and took them round the plant. On behalf of Sri City, Ramesh Subramaniam, President, Sri City Foundation greeted Sivan.
Addressing the gathering, Dr Sivan has congratulated the VRV team and other teams for indigenously realising such an advanced version of the liquid hydrogen storage tank. He considered this as only a beginning for their cooperation and suggested VRV to come forward to undertake the fabrication works of onboard tanks of rockets.
S Pandian, Director, SDSC SHAR observed that the event stands as a typical example for ISRO-industry cooperation for realising import substitutes indigenously.
VRV Asia Pacific manufactured the storage tank with a liquid nitrogen (LIN) shield, in a collaborative effort with Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, under Make in India initiative. The storage capacity of the tank is 120 kilolitres. Liquid hydrogen is used as fuel for satellite launch vehicles. VRV Asia Pacific Pvt. Ltd., a Chart Group of company, designs and manufactures cryogenic equipment from its factory located in Sri City.