- More priority to common devotees in Srikalahasti Brahmotsavams
- Officials told to ensure efficient water distribution in summer
- Civilians’ woes worsen as nighttime curbs are back at Eagle Chowk area
- BJP likely to announce first list of Lok Sabha candidates including 8 from Telangana
- CMR launches its 30th showroom at Hayathnagar
- AP Intermediate Exams begins in 1,559 centers across the state
- Caste Census Report Raises Concerns In Karnataka Congress
- New Delhi: DGCA’s stricter guidelines for alcohol testing of staff
- Former Minister Prathipati Pulla Rao's son Sarath remanded for 14 days
- Jagan’s welfare schemes benefited all sections: Anil
Nara Lokesh slams 'betrayal' of BCs by Jagan
Accuses YSRCP leaders of grabbing quarries allotted to Vadderas by the previous TDP govt
Tamballapalle (Annamayya district): TDP national general secretary Nara Lokesh alleged that Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has betrayed BCs with his false promises. During interactions with representatives of BC organisations at Maddayyappagaripalle village of Tamballapalle mandal on Tuesday, he recalled that Jagan Mohan Reddy as opposition leader promised social justice and to raise living standards of backward classes.
Instead of addressing problems of BCs, YSRCP YCP government was suppressing their constitutional rights through undemocratic policies, he alleged and said Jagan has no clarity on BCs and he only used them to gain power in 2019 elections.
He reminded that it was TDP government which set up a federation and allotted quarries to Veddera community for improving their lot. But now the ruling party leaders were grabbing these quarries from Vedderas with muscle power. "YSRCP leaders are intimidating Vedderas and grabbing their quarries. Is this the social justice they promised?" he said.
Earlier representatives from Kuruba and fishermen communities met Lokesh and explained their problems, which he assured to sort out.