- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Strive to join dropouts in schools again: Collector tells officials
District Collector S Satyanarayana instructed the officials, teachers and staff of different organisations to strive to join school dropouts again into schools.
Kurnool: District Collector S Satyanarayana instructed the officials, teachers and staff of different organisations to strive to join school dropouts again into schools. He directed the officials concerned to initiate plans to make "Badi ki Podam" programme a grand success. He addressed a coordination meeting with the officials of Municipal Corporation, Education, SSA, MEPMA, ICDS and others at the Collector's office here on Saturday.
Addressing the meeting, the Collector said, it is very unfortunate that statistics have revealed that there are 22,458 school dropouts in the district. He ordered the Community Resource Persons (CRPs), Anganwadi and MEPMA to go door to door and join the dropouts in schools.
Staff have to convince the parents prior to joining the students in the government schools. A survey on dropouts is being done in the district, in view of that, identify the dropouts to join them in schools and make the programme a grand success, Satyanarayana stated.
He further advised the officials to find out the root cause of dropouts in Kurnool, Nandyal and Adoni. After identifying the root cause, he suggested them to solve the issue. The education and SSA departments have to take steps to form field teams. The Collector was not happy with the officials of Adult Education department.
He also expressed his dissatisfaction over the Assistant Commissioner of Labour department as he attended the meeting without having information on the issue. He instructed all the officials that they have to attend the meeting with full information, or else they have to face the consequences.