- Rosy picture ahead of beauty industry: IBA founder Vamsi Krishna
- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
TDP stages protest against govt over hike in RTC fares, detained
The opposition Telugu Desam party on Saturday have called for a dharna against the Andhra Pradesh State government’s hike in RTC charges.
Amaravati: The opposition Telugu Desam party on Saturday have called for a dharna against the Andhra Pradesh State government's hike in RTC charges. Several leaders, workers and activists hit the streets and bus stand demanding to withdraw the decision taken by the government. The leaders staged protests at Gannavaram mandal bus stand and allegedly stopped the RTC buses coming out of the station.
Police reached the spot and took the protestors into the custody. Similarly the TDP along with other party leaders staged sit in at Kadapa bus stand demanding the same. The police reached the spot and detained the protestors, shifted them to nearby police station.
In the same way TDP leaders in collaboration with other party leaders too staged a dharna in Pulivendela bus stand demanding the government to take back its decision on RTC fares. Police arrested them and shifted them to police station.