- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Vijayawada: TDP government made proposals for sale of TTD properties
- Endowments Minister Velampalli Srinivas points out that a committee was formed and 50 TTD properties were identified for sale when Chadalavada Krishna Murthy was the Chairman of the TTD during the earlier TDP rule
- Says income generated through the sale of properties will be deposited into the TTD account
Vijayawada: Taking strong objection to the comments made by the Telugu Desam Party leaders on the proposal of sale of TTD properties by the YSRCP government, Endowments Minister Velampalli Srinivas has said proposals have been made during the Telugu Desam Party rule for the sale of TTD properties.
He said the income generated from the sale of properties would be deposited into the TTD account and it will not be credited into the account of Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy. Velampalli spoke to the media after taking part in the development works in one town here on Sunday. Vellampalli said that he was ready for a debate with the Telugu Desam Party leaders on the allegations levelled by the TDP on the proposals for the sale of properties.
He alleged that some section of media launched campaign against the YSRCP government on the proposed sale of TTD properties. He reminded that a committee was formed and 50 properties were identified for sale when Chadalavada Krishna Murthy was the chairman of the TTD during the TDP rule. He alleged that former Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu secretly auctioned the Sadavarthi temple lands in Tamil Nadu.
He suggested to TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu to take part in the TTD properties auction if he likes Lord Venkateswara Swamy and it will help the TTD get more revenue. He said Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy was providing corruption-free rule in the State and added that the Chief Minister had sanctioned Rs 500 crore for the development of Vijayawada city.
The Minister said the previous TDP government had neglected the development of Vijayawada in five years rule. He said some section of the media was adopting double standards on the TTD activities and asked why the same media failed to question when proposals were made during the TDP rule for the sale of TTD properties.