- JSW Academic Building inaugurated at Krea University to foster excellence in education
- Amazon Launches Multi Channel Fulfilment for Sellers, Retailors, Brands and Manufacturers in India
- Akhil Akkineni’s Action-Packed Espionage Thriller ‘Agent’ To Premiere Exclusively On Sony LIV!
- TN CM issues orders allowing LT consumers to modify power load based on consumption pattern
- AIADMK seniors meet BJP leaders over rift in ties, saffron party backs state leadership
- Kamats Restaurants partners with IDFC First Bank for FASTag registration and recharge
- Amid heavy rains, bridge caves in in Bihar
- Maoist Party Platoon Party Committee Member Arrested
- Three Telangana Congress MPs missed voting on Women’s Bill
- K’taka cash-for-ticket scam: Woman Hindutva activist, six others sent to judicial custody
MG Motor India and LOHUM Collaborate for ‘Second Life’ EV Battery Solution
- Launches first-of-its-kind project for 2nd life EV battery for a sustainable environment
- Introduces 5kWh Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) as first product
MG Motor India, a British automobile brand with a 99-year-old legacy, has joined forces with LOHUM, India's largest producer of sustainable energy transition materials, to establish a comprehensive ecosystem for the reuse, and life cycle management of EV batteries. MG India and LOHUM partnership aims to develop the concept of second-life solutions for batteries, ensuring their efficient utilization and contributing to the circular economy. The project will harness the potential of used batteries by repurposing them as Battery Energy Storage Products (BESS), effectively extending their life cycle and optimizing resource usage.
Under the collaboration, LOHUM will reuse end-of-first-life batteries of MG electric vehicles to build sustainable 2nd-life Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) for a wide variety of clean energy applications in India’s urban and rural landscape. LOHUM's proprietary repurposing technology will be used to maximize the potential of cells before recycling, utilizing healthy cells high on Remaining Useful Life (RUL) to build sustainable 2nd-life BESS for a wide variety of clean energy applications.
Rajeev Chaba, CEO Emeritus, MG Motor India, spoke on the partnership, stating, "At MG, we have always believed in fostering innovation and sustainability. Battery energy storage solutions (BESS) hold immense potential to revolutionize India's energy landscape, with their versatile applications, affordability, and undeniable support for local communities. Through this India can unlock a future where clean, reliable, and low-cost energy storage becomes a reality, empowering communities, households, and entire rural areas alike while driving sustainable development and energy independence for the nation.
By repurposing used batteries of our EV models, we not only extend their life cycle but also enable the delivery of power to essential community centres. The clear need of the hour is a safe, viable and enduring supply of clean energy, and this strategic partnership is a step towards the same."
Rajat Verma, Founder & CEO of LOHUM, shared his perspective on the partnership, saying, "LOHUM is delighted to join hands with MG Motor India in this pioneering endeavour.