- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Actor Upendra's comment on Hyderabad encounter draws flak
Netizens vented out anger over Actor and the chief of Uttama Praja Rajakeeya Party Upendra for his comments on Hyderabad encounter.
Netizens vented out anger over Actor and the chief of Uttama Praja Rajakeeya Party Upendra for his comments on Hyderabad encounter. He questioned if the four suspects raped her and also wondered as to why the encounters are not happening with the popular personalities.
"Earlier, it was said that rowdyism was decreased with the encounter. However, rapes on women can be curbed if the senior officials eye on the encounters. The officials also have to ensure that it is not taken for granted," he tweeted.
ಶೋಷಿತರಿಗೆ ಬೇಗ ನ್ಯಾಯ ಸಿಗುವಂತಾದರೆ..,— Upendra (@nimmaupendra) December 7, 2019
ನ್ಯಾಯಾಂಗ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯನ್ನು ಚುರುಕುಗೊಳಿಸಿದರೆ,
ಪೋಲೀಸ್ ತನಿಖೆ ಮತ್ತು ಕೋರ್ಟ್ ವಿಚಾರಣೆ ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರಿಗೆ ಪಾರದರ್ಶಕವಾಗಿ ತೆರೆದಿಟ್ಟರೆ,
ತಪ್ಪಿತಸ್ತರಿಗೆ ಉಘ್ರ ಶಿಕ್ಷೆ ವಿದಿಸಿದರೆ... ಶೋಷಣೆಯೇ ಆಗದಂತ ಸಮಾಜವೇ ನಮ್ಮ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣದ ಗುರಿಯಾದರೆ,
WHY SHOULD ONE ENCOUNTER ?
While several expressed in support of the actor some others condemned his statement. Netizens said that these comments are not expected from the popular actor and politician Upendra.